Children and Teens
We welcome children of all ages to join our Star Kids Dentist family. Pediatric dentistry not only focuses on the oral health and development of infants and toddlers but expands to include children and teens. The health of your teeth and mouth is just as important as the well-being of your entire body.
At each 6 month dental visit, the following will be completed:
- Review medical and dental history
- Clean, polish, and floss teeth
- Apply fluoride varnish
- Radiographs (x-rays) are taken only if necessary
- Complete a thorough oral examination
- Check for decay
- Complete caries risk assessment
- Provide age appropriate anticipatory guidance to include tooth development, oral hygiene instructions, nutritional counseling, and answer any other questions you may have concerning your child’s oral health.
We will follow your child’s growth and development and inform you when an orthodontic consultation may be indicated.
Any questions or concerns regarding the removal of wisdom teeth or third molars will also be discussed when appropriate.